Where neither Seraphim nor raindrops go...
Here are a few house rule moves for our Dungeon World game
End of Session
When you reach the end of a session, choose one of your bonds that you feel is resolved (completely explored, no longer relevant, or otherwise). Ask the player of the character you have the bond with if they agree. If they do, mark XP and write a new bond with whomever you wish.
Once bonds have been updated, answer these three questions to me in an email:Did we learn something new and important about the world? What? Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy? What? Did we loot a memorable treasure? What?
If you do so, mark XP.
If you decide to create a journal entry instead or in addition, you will earn karma.
When you have downtime (hours or days) and XP equal to (or greater than) TWICE your current level +7, you can reflect on your experiences and hone your skills.Reduce your XP to zero and Increase your level by 1. Choose a new advanced move from your class. When you level to an even level, choose one of your stats and increase it by 1 (this may change your modifier). Changing your Constitution increases your maximum and current HP. Ability scores cannot go higher than 18.
When you undertake a journey through an area most consider safe and are well-prepared to do so roll+WIS. *On a 10+, choose 2. *On a 7-9, choose 1:
• You have no troubles reaching the destination
• You arrive sooner than expected
• You discover something of interest
• You get extra help from a new friend/ally/tie/contact
When you launch Jaqen in Sparrow form across the room to wreck some serious damage, roll+Bond. *On a 10+, choose 2. *On a 7-9, choose 1:
• Jaqen lands how he intended
• Jaqen does an extra d4 damage
• It takes the enemy by surprise
When Fosher charges forward while carrying the team, roll+STR. *On a 10+, choose 3. *On a 7-9, choose 2:
• No one is dropped or falls off
• One of you gets off a surprise attack (you may choose this more than once)
• The extra momentum adds an extra d4 damage to Fosher’s charge
Little Damn Heroes
When you Defy Danger by hiding behind Fosher, roll+STAT. *On a 10+, choose 3. *On a 7-9, choose 2:
• You duck out of view
• The danger targets Fosher instead
• No one steps on each other or trips up
Ignore these for now.
2 PCs (same as a PC rolling two dice on their own):
4 PCs v1
4 PCs v2